Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Not the beginning



Hello you reader,

The people of Peru are quite easily likeable. I wish to pounce into the soul of the city i live in, if not the whole country. I don´t want to be an alien or a tourist. So if you continue reading this, you will get a view of the soul, are you a voyeur? take a peak why don´t you.

I have had some interesting conversations with people here. A peruvian man in a restaurant was speaking to me about Gandhi and the status of women in India. And he asked me about Gandhi´s son dying because of drinking too much.

And the general store guy in my building keeps calling me by different names, he´s quite an animated and cute man, he has a very genuine smile, like a Young boy after pulling a prank. He says to me, “aaahhh bommmbaiii bombaiii” or “induu indu”. He asked about why the women in India wear the bindhi on the forehead, i actually do know why, but i couldn´t even begin to explain it in spanish. I think i will find a website that explains it in spanish so i can tell him, or if you know how to explain it in spanish, then please tell me, i dont want to let the old man down.So the Peruvians know a fair bit about India, but the Indians barely know of the existance of Peru. I wonder how much the Chinese know about Peru, after all, there are more than 3 million Peruvian-Chinese here, not to mention the famous Chifa food.

I feel bad about not writing the names of these people, quite ashamed. I should know the names of the people who have been real and shared something human with me, so i will ask try to remember this and ask them the next time.

i am sleepy now. the way of saying this is in spanish is quite weird,
Tengo sueño (ñ = nyuh). literally translated, it means, i have dreams.

4 comments:

  1. Haha.. dude that was nice... i look forward to visiting your blog often.. 3 million chinese peruvians.. how did that ever happen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was expecting a longer post Fatboy! killer picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. feels good to see comments so soon dude.

    i want to put a lot more stuff, but i thought it would be a bad idea to start with a lot, so i made it a lot shorter than i wanted it.

    more pics later, for sure. i have some insane ones. my sis bought me a camera dude, i said no but she insisted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello you blogger
    ahh.. very interesting stories u have to tell..n u better put sum really nice pics too wid ur naya camera.

    u can chk out my blog too...be nice..@ aloosepage.blogspot.com
    cya

    ReplyDelete